Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Snow

This past fall, I spent some time using the plethora of rocks on my property to construct a flower bed in the front of the house. I did not get any plants in, so that will be a project for this coming Spring. But you can see the end result in this first photo.



Yesterday, we received another several inches of snow. It seems to be piling up quickly this year. You can see the mound of snow in comparison to the photo above.



Melanie, this next photo below is for you. I love the glistening of the newly fallen snow when it gets really cold, especially when untrampled by kids! This shot is of our front yard and I'm sure it will not last, so I decided to grab a pic last night of it. The snow was really crystallizing last night. Driving back from Bemidji, the street lights were shooting beams of visible light directly into the air like a spot light, reflecting off the snow crystals drifting down. Very spectacular.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melanie said...

It all looks so beautiful. I love the picture of your red front door. What a gorgeous house you built Matt!